That's right, pregnant families: Kyle & Kristen, Justin & Jaymie, Chris & Rebekah, Matt & Mandy, Tom & Casey (is there anyone I'm missing? Please forgive me...). Katie Drovdahl and I would like to offer our coordinating services to arrange 8 weeks of dinners for each expecting family (we'll go off the due date and either you'll have the baby early and family will have to cover OR you'll have some dinners stored up for when the baby comes). Please let us do this for you, it would be an honor!
Here's what we've done already- created a generic email that family and friends can email if they'd like to help out (firstname.lastname@example.org), created a Google Calendar with due dates, holidays, and a Mon/Wed/Fri dinner schedule color coordinated by family (all one would need to do is access the calendar and fill in their name) and posted a blog entry detailing the plan ;).
What we need from the Moms-
- Email email@example.com with interest in participation, due date, husband's phone # (that way they can deal with coordinating delivery schedules when someone is ready to drop off food). Once I have your email I can give you access to the Calendar so you can adjust dates if necessary.
- Post a comment on my Blog with food allergies or other important info (that way dinner-makers can know what to avoid and will have a central location to look up the info)
What we need from volunteers-
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you're interested- you'll receive instructions on how to view the calendar and sign up for dates
Suggestions for volunteers-
- Since there are several weeks with multiple families, might we suggest that you sign up for multiple families in one week- that way you can make one large meal and split it up, saving time and $.
- If for some reason you can't drop off the food (the families do live all over the place- Green Lake, Shoreline, Redmond, etc.) please contact Katie or I and we'd be happy to pick up the food at church and deliver it for you (or figure something else out, of course).
- Please use disposable containers so the families don't have to worry about washing or returning dishes.
- Because the families will be 1) exhausted and 2) inundated with visitors- we suggest you intend on just dropping off the food and not necessarily staying for a visit. You may get lucky, but I know it's hard for Mom's and Dad's to say "NO," so I'm saying it for them!
Katie and I are very excited to be a part of this process and to welcome in the new little ones this fall/winter. We hope this will be a blessing to our community. (Even if Katie doesn't have a blog- believe me, she reads them:))
Jenny and Katie