Sunday, May 03, 2009

What's it Tahuya?

My parents co-own a cabin on Hood Canal in a tiny, blink and you'll miss it, town called Tahuya...the locals just LOVE selling t-shirts that have their famous tag line, "what's it Tahuya?" Aren't they clever? ;)

Our little family (and Jane) headed down there a couple of weekends ago for the first time since Wes was born and although I didn't spend as much time soaking up the sun as I would have liked...Jane agreed to entertain Wes inside (didn't want him to get too much exposure) while I took a fifteen minute break on the lawn with my hubby...it ended up being an hour (I fell asleep) and it was amazing- thanks Jane!

It felt great to get away...away from to do lists, away from the same old walls we see every day. I think Wes enjoyed it too- first time wearing a sun hat, dipping his toes in salt water, roasting marshmallows on an open fire.

I can't wait to spend more time there this summer with our little boy who seems to be growing by the second and taking everything in. We're also looking forward to meeting Ruby Lucille who was born last week and whose Grandma has a beach house just down the road. It should be so fun! Congratulations Brooke & Daryn...she is adorable!












10 comments:

The Courter Family said...

Great photos Jenny :) that looks like so much fun. It's so good to get away now and then.

Shauna said...

That looks like such fun! Great pictures. I like the one of all your feet hanging over the edge. CUTE!

I used to go dirt bike riding in Tahuya...there's a great spot down there!

Kristen Gough said...

so happy for you guys to have this getaway time together. i LOVE these photos, especially the feet hanging over the dock!

Rebekah said...

looks like such a wonderful, relaxing time for you guys..I remember taking Simon there when he was just a tiny bit older than Wesley, your parents cabin is such a wonderful retreat!!
I can't get over how big Wes is getting, so smiley and happy - you are an adorable family!

Prince said...

I had weekend of my life! Which was then followed by the best day of my life on Monday ;) (4 Seasons and downtown Seattle fun)! I love being with you three...no matter what we do.

Steve said...

Life is strange indeed - on the pic showing the dock - if you had taken it looking right instead of left, you would be looking at our place. You seem to have the Hinds on one side and us [the Christensen's] on the other.

Rachel said...

LOVE the photos from your little getaway. I bet that was SO nice. The family looks great--especially jane. :)

Rebekah J said...

I ABSOLUTELY Love the photo of your feet! I've been wanting a photo like that. I saw something similar -when I was researching photographers for the wedding! - but all 6 feet on the bed and I've been wanting to do that ever since. Love it. Happy happy cute lovely family.

amyrenee said...

Awh, no oysters this time?

Katie, Ryan, Sean, and Molly said...

Those pictures are awesome! He is such a smiley little guy isn't he?!?!?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin