Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Retreat Before a Retreat

Tomorrow I'm headed on an early flight to New York City to meet up with some great college friends and after just returning from Leavenworth on Sunday I have to say I'm not sure I'm ready to leave. I know, I know...can a girl really complain about a vacation sans toddler and husband? (I would actually love for them to be there...I just know I'm going to miss my boys.)

I really am thrilled to be heading back to Manhattan, a little over two years from my last and very first visit. I'm just feeling a bit rushed, but I'm sure that when I land on the tarmac and share a cab with Callie, seeing the city skyline will be just the thing I need to put me in the mood for a fantastic trip. But for now...I'm feeling a bit anxious and certainly not looking forward to getting up at 4:30 AM.
I am trying to picture the calm of Leavenworth as Julie Jane and I soaked in the sun riverside. I'm also remembering how much I truly do love New York and how I can't wait to catch up with my cherished friends without the distraction of a little one. It will be amazing, I'm sure, and I look forward to sharing some highlights with you when I return.

5 comments:

Kristen Gough said...

Have a great trip, Jenny! I will be praying for you (tonight and throughout the week), and I can't wait to hear all about it and see photos when you get home.

It was wonderful to spend time with you this past weekend. I am blessed to share life with you, and I know you will bless your dear friends in NYC this week, while creating some amazing memories! i love you!

Brianne said...

Jenny- I hope you have a wonderful trip in NYC! I know it will be a special time with your ladies. I will be praying for you too and visiting Wesley regularly :0)

Hugs!

La Dolce Vita said...

Have fun in NYC, Jenny!!!! What a great occasion to catch up with old friends! Please, say hello from me to all your friends I also know and that will be with you for this "Big Apple Adventure"...

When Ely and I visited NYC in the far 2003, we suddenly loved it. It was our first sight of our first trip in the US and I think that the first time ever in USA must be NY. It leaves wordless when you arrive in Manhattan and the skyline of the city is just in front of you...so majestic! We would come back visiting NYC again!

Next week we are heading to Paris with all the family. What an adventure for me too! My parents are so thrilled...and I am the guide! :) hehehe

Have a safe trip! We'll think of you!

alisha said...

I'm sure you'll have a blast and I wish I could be there with you guys! I love NYC too - it's pretty easy to fall for though.

Have a great time and can't wait to see the pictures. :)

Rebekah said...

I hope you are having an amazing time Jenny, I am so jealous!! I LOVED my visit to the big apple, say hello to all of your incredible friends for me! Love you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin