Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The City That Never Sleeps...

A few trip highlights can be found here.

And if you read that, you'll already know that the bald guy in the middle of the photo below is Stanley Tucci...I couldn't help myself, I've been accused of being paparazzi enough, I might as well be. ;)



Grand Central Station- gorgeous!


Bryant Park


Times Square, just days before they found the car bomb.


The streets of Manhattan are just packed with buildings, people, life...I could walk them for days and never get tired of it (well, my hips and feet and back and legs would, but not my eyes).


Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir

Statue of Liberty as seen from the Staten Island Ferry (which crashed exactly a week later). What was it with us missing disasters? Thank YOU Lord for your protection.


I came back from the city that never sleeps needing a week to recover ;) My favorite part of the trip was spending Jocelyn's birthday evening (after an amazing dinner at Craft) on her rooftop patio in the West Village. We had started the "question game" at dinner and answered questions like: what's your favorite color and why? what was your best and worst birthday memory? and how have you most changed since college? We stayed up past 5 in the morning!! It was great to be with these women again, to see how far we've come since meeting each other at age 18, to know how much further we have to go and to love and support one another through it all.

It was also so very wonderful to surprise Callie in our hotel lobby with a visitor...Jane! She spent two nights with us and her positive energy is always a welcomed addition to my life.

Alisha, we missed you!

Love you all...come visit ME whenever you like.

7 comments:

Kristen Gough said...

jenny, i just love all these photos from your trip! all you ladies look so great!

it looks like you were blessed with fantastic weather, and jocelyn's birthday evening sounds so, so fun, just perfect.

i'm so glad you were able to go to nyc, and enjoy this time with your dear girlfriends. xoxo

Rachel said...

It was fun to hear about your trip, and now to see pictures as well. I'm so glad you had this time with your girlfriends, but I'm also glad you're home.

Prince said...

I still can't believe I was actually there and saw you and got to spend quality time together with you, the girls and Stanley Tucci!! You are so wonderful and I love you more and more as time goes on. Thanks for inviting me to come. I love you Jenny!!!

Brianne said...

Fun! I love how you and your Wave girls still keep in contact...so closely! NYC is simply a magical place. I've always thought it would be fun to live there for a year or two.

Casey said...

How fun! I never used to have a desire to head to NYC, but that has certainly changed in the past few years...looks like you had a blast!

Jocy May said...

it was an amazing, memorable weekend- thank you so much jenny for spearheading the nyc visit effort. you all are the best friends a girl could ask for. xoxo, J (that's for you callie! :)

alisha said...

These pics are gorgeous Jenny! I love the bridge one especially. :) Two more weeks...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin