Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Gluten Free :: Banana Bread

By popular demand (ok, just two requests on Instagram...but hey, that's about as popular as I get around here) I am sharing this banana bread recipe that I made yesterday.  It's a gluten free adaptation from an America's Test Kitchen recipe (they really know how to do things right and I love their explanations).  The key, I think, is this Gluten Free Mama Almond Blend Flour...I can't wait to substitute the flour from my favorite chocolate cookie recipe too! (And to warn you...this recipe is NOT vegan or paleo...you can't have it all!)

GF Banana Bread w/ Chocolate Chips


2 Cups Almond Blend Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3 Very Ripe Bananas, mashed well
1/4 Cup Honey Greek Yogurt (if you use plain just add 1/2 cup more sugar)
2 Large Eggs, beaten lightly
6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (I think the Guittard are the best!)

- Oven rack in lower-middle position and preheat to 350. Grease a loaf pan with butter and dust with flour
-Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet in another
- Add dry and wet together and fold until combined
- Bake until loaf is golden brown, approximately 55 min.

This dish (and any GF recipe in my opinion) is a dish best served warm, straight from the oven.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Pat said...

looks yummy

Shauna said...

you got my attention there! Yummy, I will have to try this!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin