Sunday, October 01, 2006

Going to the Chapel and...

Laura got MARRIED! Congratulations!



(pictured, left to right: Keri, Laura, Jen, and me)

That's right, on September 30th, 2006 Laura Collins became Mrs. Troy Loftus.

Jen and I made the 1.5 hour drive to Yelm to witness the blessed event.

The wedding took place outdoors at a plantation home and the bride was beaming...beautiful dahlias were found carefully placed about and friends and family gathered to see the union. I was impressed and overjoyed by seeing Laura so happy, confident, and comfortable as the center of attention. Laura- you are an amazing woman!

I am so grateful to be a small part of Laura's life, and not just that, to have a consistent relationship in the form of a small group with Laura, Keri and Jen. I have been getting together with these women (and on occasion: Jaymie and Julie) for 3 years. In that time, I made a major career move, Jen had her first baby, Laura got married, Jaymie got engaged, and Keri survived being her schools year book advisor. ;) I'm so proud of all of you and am thankful to count you as friends.

Once again, congratulations Laura...too bad I didn't stick around to catch the bouquet ;)

Here are more photos from the wedding:





4 comments:

Kristen Gough said...

beautiful bride, beautiful friends!

Mandy said...

Jenny
I saw the adorable recipe cards you made for Kristen's bday & went to the website - thanks! That's so fun! How did you then make the recipe cards? did you really spend $45 on 25 of them - or whatever they were charging or is there any way to get around that?
Thanks so much!
-Mandy

Jenny said...

Hi Mandy,

I don't know if we've officially met..but I did go to your wedding!

As for the cards, I feel bad about cheating the system..but I'll tell you anyway and then donate money to support breast cancer awareness on my own (actually Safeway is accepting donations right now). Ok, now that I have a clear conscience...

I went to the "print shop" on the site and selected the recipe card and then edited as necessary. I then hit the "print screen button" to take a snap shot of the screen (be sure the mouse is out of the way). I opened up Power Point and pasted the screen shot. Using the crop tool I cut it down to just the card and then proceeded to copy and paste 4 of them up on 1 page. You will have to play around with sizes and margins so that when you print you can cut them into 4 equal pieces. Oh, and I covered up the copyright bit with a white box with no border.

Devious, I know, but it makes for a fun gift!

Mandy said...

Jenny
THanks so much! My wallet appreciates your tutorial on how to cheat the system :) They were charging a lot for those little guys!
Yeah, I don't know if we've officially met, but I obviously know who you are. Funny how this little blogging world works, huh?
thanks for the tip!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin