Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I can't help myself...


I love my little nephew and am fondly remembering his 'birth'day this morning. Today is a beautiful day...but the day Simon was born was overcast and slightly rainy. I know, I took a picture as Jeff and I raced across the I-90 bridge headed towards Swedish Hospital thinking, "I can't believe this is happening!!!" I remember getting the voicemail (why did I leave my phone at the house while we ate dinner?). Rebekah calmly stated, "Hi Jenny! I'm going to have a c-section in about an hour". And I promptly turned to Jeff and yelled- "Why are we still here?" We got to the hospital just in time to watch Rebekah get wheeled into surgery. And just like that (well, there was probably a lot that happened in between- medical stuff, you know) the Gough Family came rolling out and Chris proclaimed- "it's a Gough!” A Boy! A precious little boy who has delighted all of our hearts from the moment of his birth. Simon- you are such a joy! Happy 1st Birthday! We ALL love you very much.

7 comments:

Chris Gough said...

Thanks for the thoughts Jenny, I didn't remember the weather that day, but now that you mention it I remember calling some people to give them the news in a breezeway at the hospital, and it being overcast and drizzly...its funny the things that are remembered! Thanks for sharing a bit on Simon's first b-day!

Lewy said...

What a beeootiful quilt! Did you make that?

Jenny said...

yes, I made it. I know, kind of self indulgent for me to put it on the site a whole year later..but in all fairness I wasn't blogging back then. ;)

Rebekah helped pick out the fabrics- no one knew if it was a boy or girl so we tried to go somewhat neutral. She had a bird theme!

It's one of my favorite that I've made. My friend Keri and I are quilting for another friend who got married. Maybe I'll post some shots when we're through!

Kristen Gough said...

such a sweet post, jenny. and a gorgeous quilt! i'm glad you included a photo of it. :)

Jenny said...

Kristen- I've been wanting to talk to you about a quilt. I would LOVE to make one for your precious baby. We should discuss!

Kristen Gough said...

Oh Jenny, we're thrilled! I know how time-consuming these quilts are. It will be such a special, treasured gift! I'm looking forward to getting together and discussing fabrics, colors, etc. Maybe you'll let me help you with it? :) Talk to you soon. Love, Kristen

Anonymous said...

that quilt is absolutley georgeous and I love it so much! Thank you Jenny for making it for me and my baby's it always brightens my day to spread it out and play with Simon on it. You are very talented and it truly blessed my heart that you felt moved to post about Simon's Birthday it would not have been the same without you there for every minute! I also loved when you whipped out the quilt for me right after surgery and threw it over me to make me look cute since I couldn't feel a thing and there were like 30 people standing around - that quilt will always remind me of that night! xoxo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin