Thursday, July 05, 2007

(jeff grilling asparagus for the 4th of July picnic- I marinated it with balsamic vinegar, fresh cilantro and mint from the garden, garlic, ginger and olive oil- not bad)

How I needed that mid-week break! AND what a beautiful day it was! We spent the day at Jeff's Aunt's house on Lake Washington. There's something so peaceful, yet lively about being on the water and soaking in the sun. I also spent some time-ok, a lot of time-soaking in the kiddy pool. No,I didn't pee!

I'm sad to be at work today since it's still so gorgeous out. Sometimes I wish I were a teacher so that I could have the summers off. But then I think, what in the world would I teach? How could I be a good leader/roll model for young adults? I mean, I think it's funny when kids misbehave. I would most likely NOT be a good teacher. BUT, I like to day dreaming about it sometimes. Maybe it's because I know a lot of teachers and think it would be fun to spend the summer hanging out with them.

This weekend we're going to Victoria, B.C. with Jeff's family. The weather is supposed to continue to be nice and I'm looking forward to spending time together, laying by the pool, and going to the Titanic Exhibit! I know I'm not the only one that saw Titanic 3 times in the theater...How many times did you see it?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I confess I saw it 9 times (at least)...the asparagus was awesome and Simon really loved spending time with his aunt in the kiddie pool! I am looking forward to this weekend! xo

Jenny said...

Rebekah- I was hoping you'd confess AND I'm hoping you might join me at the museum ;)

Anonymous said...

i'm a teacher-- be a teacher so you can hang out with me! =) Honestly, I think you would be a great teacher. Plus, we could have lunch together like our husbands!

katie d

Kristen Gough said...

jenny, i have a feeling you won't be working at costco forever, and your summers will be spend exactly as you hope to spend them. :) it was so great spending time with you and our family yesterday, and i'm looking forward to more of it this weekend!

love you,
kristen

La Dolce Vita said...

...I think that Ely saw "Titanic" many, many times...even in German and English!! But we have never watched it together...we should do it sometimes!
The other day I was in the office, and with my collegue (envying my boss who's on his 3-weeks holiday in southern Italy, and will be back in office next Monday tanned and relaxed!!!!) we were talking about how nice it would be teaching, and having most of the summer off work!! However my mother is a teacher and she doesn't have such a good time with teenagers! They are out of any control!!! Fortunately for her nerves, she's retiring next year! What would you like to teach? Do you remember some Italian? I hope so!! (^-^)-Mario

Casey said...

I'm with you...3 times in the theatre, not to mention countless with my own copy @ home :) how fun to see the exhibit! You'll have to tell me all about it.

Sounds like you are enjoying the warm weather! Hope to see you soon... :)

Mandy said...

Sounds like a fun 4th, Jenny! Have fun in Victoria! I'm with you about being jealous of summers off, too (I feel like all of my friends are teachers)!
-Mandy

Eliza said...

Yum, that asparagus looks so tasty!
I think I saw Titanic three times in the theater also. I've heard about the exhibit & it sounds wonderful.
I definitely share your longing to have the summers off. I like to daydream about all the fun & creative projects I could do! I was originally planning to be a teacher, but when I did not get accepted to the MIT program at UW, it was a not-so-subtle hint from God that it was not what I was suppose to be doing then!
Have a wonderful time in Victoria!

simonsenfamily said...

Sorry we missed you guys this 4th of July weekend. The kiddie pool sounded fun.

It was nice having you guys over last week at our "beach house" apartment. I think the tennis pros had a good time too.Hope you're having fun in Canada!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin