Monday, July 16, 2007

Fat Lip


Wow, this is so NOT a flattering picture but I thought I'd share anyways. Do you ever have one of those moments you think "if only I could go back in time I would be a lot more careful about (blank) which seemed so insignificant"? Well, I had one this weekend as I was putting together our guest room for our friends Scott and Bri who are staying with us (they just moved back from California) until their moving truck arrives and they can move into their new rental home which is only 5 blocks away from Jeff and I! Anyway, I was putting a small bedside table between the bed and the wall/window and somehow snagged the table leg on the window frame and managed to bop myself in the face. Unfortunately, no one was around to witness my stupidity so I ran into my bedroom where Jeff was playing his new banjo and told him, "I hit myself in the face, am I bleeding?" To my surprise I actually was and THAT is when I started crying.

Jeff nursed me back to health, massaging my feet while I held ice to my face- isn't he a nice hubby? The good news in all of this, besides not knocking out one of my teeth or getting a huge bruise, we have officially moved ALL of my belongings from my parents house. HOORAY! I'm moved out! More photos on that later.

7 comments:

Jocy May said...

not a flattering photo? some people pay good money to have lips like those ;) Hope you heal quickly though!

Mandy said...

Can't wait to see the photos of all your stuff moved in! You should give us a blog-home-tour!
-Mandy

Casey said...

ouch! that sounds like it hurt. I've done my share of hitting myself in the face, and I know it's not nice.

hope it's all healed! :)

I knowwww we MUST get together. It's getting ridiculous again.

ilse said...

Jenny - I am bored at work (yes, today is one of the days I have to work, but don't really have anything to do), and i remembered that you had a blog, so i thought i'd track you down - no, I'm not a stalker. Plus, then i figured you could read my blog :)

Hope you are doing well. It was great to see you at Gigi's. And maybe i'll see you at church sometime - I might convert to being a morning service person when school starts again.

ilse said...

Jenny - I found you by typing "Jenny Jeff Gough" under the google blog search. Gotta love modern technology. I think i'll spend the afternoon lounging out on my deck, soaking in the nice weather - :)

Kari said...

Um... I'm getting tired of bringing up your blog day after day and having to look at that fat lip over and over again.
; )

Ouch though, I hope its healed by now and things are going great for you guys!

Alex said...

Talk about shocking -- look at that fat lip!

It's so funny to see all the ladies I met this summer (well, and some last year) up in the blog scene! I look forward to staying updated on you this year... and yes, hopefully again in person back in the NW someday. In this 98 degree humid weather, how can I not long for Seattle's pleasant 80 degree and breezy days?

It sounds like you been able to garner some attention away from that iPhone's of Jeff's. Good for you! :) I mean, it is pretty snazzy.

Alex

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin