Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A rose by any other name...

I am a
Snapdragon

What Flower
Are You?

What does this mean?

"Mischief is your middle name, but your first is friend. You are quite the prankster that loves to make other people laugh."

And what do I think about that?

Mischief is NOT my middle name, it's Ann (Ann is also my Mom's middle name and my Grandmother's middle name...someday if I have a girl I'd like to pass on the tradition- I'm debating whether to add an E to the end like Anne of Green Gables, it does seem more refined- doesn't it?)

Friend is NOT my first name, it's Jennifer (what nerve these tests have...telling you what your name is, as if they have a clue!)

I'm not really a prankster, but I do like it when people laugh WITH me. I'm embarrassed to say that as I've gotten older I seem to only laugh at my own jokes and rarely at others. I think I may need therapy for this, but this kind of analysis is far too self indulgent for a blog. hmmm.

I've been neglecting this blog because there have been so many WONDERFUL things going on that I've been too busy and overwhelmed to sit down and blog about 1) my trip to California 2) my adorable nephew being born 3) craft projects I've completed and 4) home improvement projects still in progress. I'll get to the back(b)log eventually.

12 comments:

Rebekah said...

Ha, a Snapdragon - it said I was a Daffodil with a Sunny disposition, weird I don't think right now that is quite accurate...I like Anne with an E but if you do have a girl maybe you should name her after her Auntie Rebekah, after all you will probably have twins so you will have an extra that needs a namesake right! xo

Alex said...

It's about dang time you're back. I mean, I figured you all blogged so much because Seattle's so rainy that you're forced to stay inside and hang out with your computers! Just kidding... I was a snapdragon, too, actually. And my family has a name tradition, too. Elizabeth one year, Elisabeth the next, then repeat (for middle or first names)! It's kind of cute, I guess. I think I'd rather start my own tradition, though.

By the way, I like Anne with an "e" , too.

Anonymous said...

It says I'm a Canna...and I've never even heard of one of those! Aw nuts. Figures I'm the weirdo flower.

Glad to see you back from the blog break! :)

katy said...

if you are changing the traditional "Ann" to the (agreed) more refined "Anne" you might as well loose a N and add a J and make it Jane!

thanks for all the catching up and I do want to hear the grandpa peeing his pants story!

Jenny said...

katy, jane is actually my best friends name. And a name I've considered for the middle name of my second girl should a gough be blessed with two daughters, let alone one! Your mom is an inspiration!

kaseburg said...

Wow, Jenny. When you write, you do it so well! I love the way you made your point about the name Ann (being my middle name too!). I think it would have been a bit more upscale had it been spelt with an E as well;) Thanks for checking out my blog! I appreciate the nice comments and that you took the time to read it. Congrats on being an antie again! Me too, I guess. David and the Gough boys are more like brothers than cousins.
Our love to you..oh, and Thad misses you.

Kristen Gough said...

jenny, as always i love reading what you're thinking about...so you're a snapdragon, huh? that's pretty close to "radical dragon", and even though that's not a flower--jeff likes those a lot, right? :) love you, kristen

alisha said...

Hello Snapdragon. Just wanted to let you know that I have unplugged my freezer of a blog and right at this moment it is defrosting for a imminent relaunch! You could always add an 'ie' to Ann and call your firstborn girl Annie. Just a thought...

Kari said...

I'm a snapdragon too... I want to know what being mischevious has to do with a snapdragon. I had no idea the snapdragons in my garden were mischevious. I guess I better keep on eye on them from now on.

La Dolce Vita said...

I'm a Snapdragon (Bocca di leone in Italian!)too. Ely turned out to be a Violet (Violetta in Italian!). Nice!

simonsenfamily said...

I'm a sunflower? : "When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."

Aleah said...

As you know I'm a snapdragon too and my first and middle names are Aleah Erin. But I can be what someone thinks the snapdragon flower is...full of mischief (in a good way right?), friend, and a prankster although two of those have simmered since having kids!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin