Tuesday, December 11, 2007

We're not in Renton anymore...

I guess it's true what they say "you can take the girl out of Renton, but you can't take Renton out of the girl"- not sure who THEY are, but that sounds about right!

Yes, Jeff and I have found a lovely home in Ballard and officially moved there on Sunday. We are absolutely overwhelmed by our many blessings and feel so fortunate to have found a place TOGETHER! This is technically our first home, since Jeff owned the Renton house before the two of us were married.

I LOVE this house..I love it's quirkiness as well as it's newly remodeled features (this is so very Jeff and I..I think we like the idea of fixing things up but we never really have the time, so this is the best of both worlds...a unique house with most of the remodeling done for us!) I'm so excited about our life in this new neighborhood...though I'm sad to be leaving Renton- both our parents live there as well as the Prathers (thanks for helping with loading up the moving truck) and the Farrells (thanks for all the Heroes and Lost nights..and of course, the "adult corn," popcorn with Johnny's Seasoning Salt). I know we will still be in Renton often, there will always be a place in my heart for the town that raised me. It takes a village, right?

This post also marks my 100th entry! So, I will post a photo of our 107 year old house! Doesn't it look cozy?

Also, don't forget to read the below post...two posts in one day, I know! It would be easy to miss.

22 comments:

Jocy May said...

I too LOVE this house- good thing it's so close- I can come visit often! :) Let me know how I can help with the settling in process.

amy said...

how exciting for you both! you'll have to post interior pictures when you're all moved in too! where in ballard? i too became a ballardite a few months ago. i hope you feel settled and cozy in your new home very soon!

Kristen Gough said...

we're thrilled to have you guys so close, and we love your new home! congratulations to you and jeff!

Rebekah said...

I am so glad that you guys got the house!!! It is so cute and I know I speak for many when I say that it is going to be a blessing and treat having you closer! Congratulations!
xo

La Dolce Vita said...

The house is sooooo nice! And I love the colour of the outside!! I'll wait for interior pics as soon as you'll be settled. Congratulations!!!!!

PS: The translation of our last few post will coming soon...check out our blog again soon!

Aleah said...

Oh...makes me want to move back!

Congratulations on your house, I love older homes. :)

Alex said...

I can't believe you live in Ballard now -- my old stomping grounds. (I wonder how close you are to my dad and stepmom's place -- they're just north of BHS.)

But that's beside the point... congratulations on the move! So many wonderful changes in your life since I met you this summer. And now a beautiful blue house to your (and your husband's) name.

Yay!

Casey said...

Wow, you guys work fast! :) Your new home is adorable. Tom and I (and Cora too) are happy to hear that you and Jeff are now in the neighborhood. I can't wait to meet up with you for coffee now!

katy said...

Congrats Jenny! You will get to jump right into your first Christmas in the house too. Hope you guys create lots of fun traditions.

Anonymous said...

Yay for J and J living in Ballard! We're so excited to have you so close!
Love,
Katie D

Mandy said...

i think you need to give us a photo tour on your blog of the inside of the house! Welcome to the neighborhood ( athough we're kinda' in the ghetto in comparison :)

Jenny said...

Thanks everyone for your support...we're truly loving it and will love it even more once we're unpacked and have a dining room table!

Alex- we live on the same street as BHS but on the westside of 15th, so not too far!

Katy- I think we'll have to come up with some Christmas traditions NEXT year..it's too chaotic now, we don't even have a tree or a fireplace to hang our stockings. In fact, the only Christmas decoration we have is a wreath on our front door that our realtor gave us last night.

Mandy- you're hardly in the ghetto- I love your neighborhood!!!

simonsenfamily said...

Cool! That happened so fast. Can't wait to see your new home. Ballard is an awesome place to live. Post some pics of the inside when you have a chance OR have a house warming party!!!

Anonymous said...

We were delighted to be able to help! Excited to see the new place...

Lynnea said...

Hey Jenny- I finally just visited your site! Welcome to the city- or swedish community- close enough. You'll always have Renton in your heart!

Katie, Ryan, Sean, and Molly said...

What a great place! I can't wait to see it. Hope the move is going well and that you are enjoying your new neighborhood!

alisha said...

I had no idea! I'm so happy you could both choose your house together. You can really start nesting now. Congratulations!

Eliza said...

That's so great! Congrats to you & Jeff on your first home purchase together. I must admit that I am jealous of your older home right in Ballard. Enjoy making it your own!

ilse said...

yayayay! You'll have to have a house warming party!

kaseburg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kaseburg said...

Oh, Jenny, I just love the new place!!

I can't wait to see the inside...
You know, David and I would love to have an excuss to go to Ballard! (ahheem!..Hint;) Is it child proof yet??

I hope you are getting all settled in for the winter. What a cozy place to start.

heather b said...

congrats jenny & jeff! i, too want to see a lot of pictures. how exciting... : )

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin