Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bugs


I know, kind of disturbing- sorry! I'm not diseased, I think I'm just tasty.

The mosquitoes really had their way with me at the Canal and the sad part is that I barely had any skin exposed...can you imagine the damage they could have done? Melissa kept saying they were biting and I was like, "oh, I don't feel them...maybe they don't like my pregnant blood." Boy, was I wrong. The day after we returned these little bumps showed up on my feet and hands and they haven't stopped itching since. I've even had my first sleep talking experience. The night before last Jeff said he woke up to me sitting straight up in bed and when he asked me what was wrong I sad, "bugs" and then he asked for further clarification ,to which I replied, "nevermind" and went back to sleep. I wish I could have seen that! I'm almost postibive I was itching these stupid bumps!

Anyone have any good home remedies for mosquito bites? I guess I could go to the store...how annoying!

On the bright side- at least I got a pedicure yesterday so I could show this photo with some dignity.

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

that is disgusting Jenny :)..go to the store and get some cream or I will and bring it to you..yuck I hate bug bites - nice pink toes though, perfect for the sunshine this week!!

Mandy said...

I'm so sorry Jenny. I just wanted you to know that I've been bitten maybe 10 times in my life! How's that for rubbing it in? :) I don't know what it is but misquitos hate me! Probably because I'm pasty white :(

Kristen Gough said...

from what i've heard, mosquitos LOVE pregnant ladies' blood. so sorry about all the bites, jenny. i hope you find something that helps!

CristieMaye said...

yikes! that is a lot of bites! my best tip for mosquito bites is...don't itch them, it makes them worse. even though it temporarily feels better it actually makes them itch more.

i itch them anyway!

love you!
cristie

Jenny said...

ok, ok, i got some cortisone ointment! it seems to be helping the itching.

and mandy- so not cool! ;)

Unknown said...

Oatmeal. After receiving 25 Argentine mosquito bites on one leg, I made an oatmeal paste with water and spread it on the bites and let dry. It may have been psychological, but it helped.

But Cortizone is fine, too.

I'm sorry they got to you.

Casey said...

I don't know if you are willing to try this, but the best natural cure for bug bites are raw onions. You hold them on the bite for about 10 minutes...and it draws the poison out.

I guess if you do it plan on having no company that day :)

kaseburg said...

Sorry about the bites.. for the future... I swear by which hazel! It really works and comes in scented formuals too! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin