I get this question a lot...I think it's because I left my job BEFORE we had children and even BEFORE I was pregnant. So, I thought I'd write down a somewhat typical day...
- woke up at 4:00 to go to the bathroom...was scared I'd stay awake but was able to fall back asleep
- woke up at 9:15 and stayed in bed until about 10:00 playing with my iphone (this was later than usual, for sure)
- ate a grapefruit
- dropped a prescription off at Bartell's and realized they'd have it done in 15 minutes so I maximized my time
- ran across the street and dropped off a library book
- went to JoAnn's for fabric and some trim
- back to Bartell's to pick up the prescriptions and do a little shopping (toiletries for myself and Katie for our hospital/labor/delivery bags)
- stopped by the house before my lunch date to take care of laundry and dishes
- lunch with Katie (poor thing is still on bed rest...and open to visitors and food deliveries if you're looking for something to do!) and Jocelyn- we pushed up our typical Tuesday night dinner to lunch since Joce is out of town starting tomorrow
- stayed at Katie's for 3 hours- had a great time!
- U-Village for some retail-therapy (Anthropologie, Land of Nod, Village Maternity) and to run a couple of errands for Katie (a pleasure!)
- treated myself to Starbucks new salted caramel hot cocoa (thanks Paula for the birthday gift card)- this was delicious, but I'd recommend the short as the tall got a little too rich and I think it's better to be left wanting more rather than overdo it and feel nauseous
- back at home around 5:15 to put things away and start dinner- pasta with meat sauce and caprese salad
- dinner with Jeff & Adam
- more laundry
- handy work in the nursery (bookshelves are up, as well as a W hook I purchased at Anthro)- photos to come later
- paid bills
- talked with Jane on the phone (I miss her!)
- now it's 11:00 and I'm blogging...I'm about to fill up the tub and take a little bath before bed
A great day! And maybe a little more errand running than usual...but at least once a week my day looks a lot like this.
As for tomorrow? I already have the following on the docket:
- prenatal yoga
- getting caught up on Heroes at Jason & Latecia's
Oh, and today I'm 31 weeks...I've been feeling the baby a lot these past couple of days, but he's definitely still feet down....turn baby, turn! I know I have until 36 weeks but I'm starting to worry!