Friday, June 19, 2009

A Mini Vacation

Before I got sick Jeff and I were fortunate enough to take a mini vacation...one night, Wesley free, and one night with family and friends.

Sitting here, remembering it, I am overwhelmed at how blessed I am...I have an amazing husband who has helped create a life for us that is better than anything I could have ever imagined...I get to stay home with our adorable baby boy who has such a sweet spirit and fills my heart to overflowing with every smile, giggle, or wobbly headed surprised expression...I live in a city where I can walk to the store, coffee, friends houses, parks, etc.- I love Ballard! I have a wonderfully supportive, intelligent, humorous extended family...God has truly blessed me in this arena.

There are hard things, for sure, but isn't it so much better to remember the good things in life?

This weekend was one of the good times- thank you, thank you, thank you!



Dinner at Anchovies & Olives (very good, but heavy on the seafood)




Can you resist him?


Wrestlemania!




Smores poolside, yum.



Ah, the good life.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

NO I CAN NOT RESIST HIM!! I love your life too Jenny AND the fact that I get to be a part of it. The mini vacation was a serious treat for all of us so thank you thank you thank you!! We love you guys to pieces, you are truly one of the most generous and kind families ever..remember that time we were at a Republic show and someone ask us if we were Sisters (I think we were splitting a Roy Rogers at the time :)) and we smiled and said "if everything goes as planned" and it did go as planned..that memory made me smile today, and our funny video chat!
Looking forward to seeing you soon! xo

Kimberly said...

You look so beautiful! I love that mirrored shot of you guys. Of course all of the Wes pics are adorable. I want to hear more details about the weekend though! Sounds amazing!

Angela said...

great picts Jenny! Andrew and I were just up late last night talking about how blessed we are and how lucky we are to have such wonderful friends and family...doesn't your heart just feel so full when you put in words what an amazing life we all lead? We are incredibly blessed...I wish we lived closer so that I could give that adorable baby boy of yours some raspberries on his belly- he's the perfect blend of the two of you, you know? :-)

Elena said...

You took the same picture I did when I was in Vegas (in the elevator). Love that shot.

I'm glad your feeling better, your mom kept me updated.

Nana said...

Jenny, you'll have to change your blog to "Ballard for Life!" Love to see your pictures, glad to hear you're well again. And you cut your hair! I saw that on your Mom's blog. Looks great.
~Laura

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin