Jeff has been gone for a week now and so has my blogging...I just haven't felt motivated, I guess you could say that Jeff is my muse!
So, here's what we've been up to...and a TON of photos...this makes for a really long blog post so I'll understand if you don't finish...but Jeff wanted to see pictures of his boy...and Jeff gets what he wants (i.e. an 18 day tour with the band, kidding, well, sort of)
- we spent last weekend with my parents with several visits to grandma & grandpa gough's house...it was great! My Mom and I also managed to squeeze in a manicure & pedicure (yes, I actually picked out the holographic polish...but it didn't look so rainbow-y at the nail place)
- salmon days in Issaquah...too many people, too many booths filled with things I don't need to buy, too long of lines for food, and Wes was kind of too little to enjoy the incredible free play area for kids- maybe in a couple of years...
- birthday party for a fun 4 year old on Sunday, plus we had a roommie move in!
- Monday was Wes' first class at gymboree, he loved it...it was fun to see the kids interact with each other, but mostly he just liked making faces at himself in the mirror...lots of people commented on how expressive he is, it's an understatement, really. I also took advantage of his 2nd nap and did some rearranging in our home...I'm not finished but it's getting there!
- Tuesday MOPS started for the year and it was wonderful...Wes was exhausted and promptly passed out on our car ride home but decided to skip his 2nd nap because his first one was so late...this was when Meme came over and Mommy tried to sleep since she was so tired from having Wes wake up at 6:30 2 days in a row...obviously i'm still recovering since i'm speaking in 3rd person. Anyway, I finished off the evening by celebrating several birthdays with said roommate and other friends at Bastille (french fries with truffle salt are a must try).
- My mom stayed over both Tuesday and Wednesday night and she accompanied us to my nephews 2nd birthday party.
- Today (thursday) was pretty low key since Wes has not been napping well due to teething (I think he's getting fangs) but we did manage a walk in this crisp fall air with Katie and Isaiah...we crossed the Locks to Magnolia and picked ourselves up some smoothies...what a treat!
- On the docket for tomorrow...a date with the bandwidows at the park.
So, you can see we're keeping ourselves busy...but it's not helping us forget how much we miss Jeff. I can't wait for him to come home and for our little family to start enjoying this season together!