Monday, February 11, 2008

front porch

A new creative adventure!

I will soon be leaving my career at Costco to pursue a shared passion-modern/contemporary designs, handmade into useful items for everyday life.

front porch is not only the name of the new business my friend Katie and I are starting...it's also a lifestyle. Or at least we like to think it is- our hope is to encourage others to go back to the days when neighbors and friends gathered on their front porches, embraced their communities, and enjoyed the simpler things in life...family, friends, and food!

We were inspired to begin this partnership while attending many baby showers and hosting a few ourselves over the past two years. After creating designs to give as gifts we felt compelled to collaborate and channel our creative energy into a "for profit" organization.

We have started a blog and opened a shop (which will be updated often).

Stepping out in this direction has me feeling a bit vulnerable, but I've always been up for a challenge! So, here goes!

Thank you so much to those who have supported us thus far, we look forward to creating items for you to enjoy. (Custom orders are available upon request)

9 comments:

Pat said...

Wow, very nice virtual store. Great idea. I love the "front porch" logo.

Mandy said...

I love your logo, too- did you design that Jenny? I also LOVE that front porch imagery- enjoying community, crafting, relationships & the simple life! I LOVE that! Can't wait to see how well your business takes off!

La Dolce Vita said...

Good luck for this new business. Ely and I love your creations. You and Katie are very talented.

(^_^)

I made a link of your etsy shop on our blog...so maybe we can attract also some european customers! ;)

Aleah said...

I didn't know you'd be doing this full time. That's great! Everyone needs to do something they l o v e.

Congrats!

Jenny said...

Thanks everyone! I guess I should have also mentioned I will also find many other things to occupy my time...cleaning, cooking, babysitting ;)...and possibly doing some part time advertising/marketing for The Quliting Loft in Ballard.

It should be fun and different! I just really felt like my life was flashing before my eyes and I needed to take some time NOW to enjoy it!

Anyone else like to join me for a glass of mint limeade on the front porch?

simonsenfamily said...

Way to go Jenny! I know you will be a sucess!!

Kari said...

Awesome Jenny! I was telling kyle the other day that instead of "buying local" we'll just start "buying gough". You guys pretty much have all the bases covered for gift ideas.... Anyways, I love the things you have in the shop, good luck!

katy said...

wow jenny! congrats. may God bless you both.

The Courter Family said...

Congratulations Jenny & Katie!!
I'm super excited for you guys in taking on this new endeavor! I wish the best of success for you both!! yippee!!
Jaymie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin