Thursday, July 30, 2009

Grandma Evans


I can still remember this past Christmas, Wesley had just been born (I'm surprised I remember anything with my lack of sleep) and snow was on the ground. Someone ran into the house and yelled "Grandma's going to sled down the driveway!" Wait, what?

Yep, that's right...last weekend we celebrated the 89th birthday of one incredible woman who continues to amaze me, well, all of us really. Whether it's swinging, zip-lining, sledding, or baking one of her famous angel food cakes for a birthday celebration- she is a wonder to behold.






We love you Grandma, you are a perfect model of love, service, and fun! Thank you for the ways you love us all!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

so true - what an amazing woman!! I got one of her on the zipline that I need to add to Paula's blog it is incredible, such a zest for life!

Kristen Gough said...

i love that first photo you got of grandma on the swing! this was such a beautiful tribute, jenny. thanks for sharing these fun photos! (you should copy+paste this post to paula's blog, for sure!)

Rachel said...

Grandma Evans sounds SO cool!! She and 85 year old Grandpa Jack (my grandpa) would be buddies. He is trying to decide if he should enter the WORLD weight lifting championships again this year to defend his title. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin