Thursday, May 05, 2011

Back from the beach

We got back from the beach on Tuesday afternoon. My parents treated us to a mini-vacation in Ocean Shores, WA. Aren't we lucky?

We filled our days with romps on the beach (including a face plant for Wes and a fall on the rocks for my mom), trips to the ice cream parlor, dips in the pool at the local community center, a couple of spa treatments, a ferris wheel ride, much needed naps, yummy food including yelps #1 rated restaurant...La Chica Taqueria, a tiny hole in the wall with a very eccentric owner who was literally a one woman show...she puts out great food and even better entertainment (if you can get past her "rough" edges).

Thanks Mom and Dad- we had a great time!















9 comments:

Brianne said...

This looks like a pretty great way to spend a lOng weekend!

Rebekah said...

so adorable - glad you guys had fun! A nice long nap sounds so good to me right now. Is it bad that all I think about it sleeping? - ha! Wesley is insanely cute I love him!

Katie, Ryan, Sean, and Molly said...

Ahhh, I miss the ocean. Or the water at all for that matter :)

Looks like a lovely time Jenny!

Kristen Gough said...

what a fun time! love these photos of your family, jenny.

alisha said...

Great recap, though I am confused and concerned about the picture of him with what appears to be a Sharpie mustache. Is that from his faceplant? :(

Jenny said...

yes, it's from his face plant...right into the sand but oddly he wasn't too concerned about it...that's our little trooper!

Casey said...

Loved these pictures! Traveling to Ocean Shores was pretty much Tom and I's only vacation while living in Seattle and we loved it! :)

Claire Carey said...

So cute! These pictures make me want to jump in my car and drive to the ocean. :)

Chris Gough said...

that sandy-snot picture of Wesley is amazing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin