Yesterday was our second wedding anniversary and Steve and Paula were kind enough to watch Wesley while Jeff and I went to dinner at Palisade...my parents had given us a gift certificate and Steve & Paula also offered some $ for the occasion so we were covered! Thanks guys!
While at dinner last night I asked Jeff what his favorite part of our wedding was and he said...the dancing! Ha ha! I remember him, and several others drenched in sweat. I liked the dancing too, but I got completely exhausted towards the end there and found myself wondering where the get-away car was. Oh, and he also said his other favorite part was getting to Willows Lodge and realizing it was all finished, now that is something I was definitely happy about (all the planning and anxiety a distant memory)!
Other memories from the reception:
- I had this perfect picture of our entrance into the reception after we were done signing all the papers. We had asked the DJ to announce our entrance and Jeff and I would descend down the grand staircase of the old barn. I had even put this moment on the "must photograph" list for our photographer. Unfortunately, everything the DJ said came out totally garbled and inaudible (the entire night)..so I just said, "forget it, let's go" and Jeff and I descended to a group of family and friends who were busy mingling and enjoying the appetizers- backs towards us...and from the back of the room I saw our photographer running with the camera in his hands, high above the crowd, snapping away....no winners. He apologized, and I got over it ;)
- Callie, my maid of honor, gave a toast that talked about how I am like a sister to her. In fact, she has a sister named Jenny, who is married to a man named Jeff, and their last name is spelled G-O-U-G-E...crazy! (on a side note- they have a daughter who they named Rebekah)
- I was shocked by how many people danced, and for how long it went on. Even though the DJ couldn't be understood he played great, danceable music and I think everyone had a wonderful time. And like I said earlier...Jeff danced like a maniac.
- The cakes were yummy! No one thought it was a good idea when I said I wanted chocolate cake with peppermint flavored frosting but the combo was incredible. And of course we had the Gough Boy favorite- German Chocolate!
- I put on my Uggs, in traditional Jenny fashion, and waited for the car to arrive (like I said, I was exhausted) while the DJ played "I had the time of my life" as the final song.
- We left to a sea of sparklers.
It was truly the perfect wedding (minus the fire alarm, story found here)! I'm also so excited to be celebrating another wedding this May- Jeff's brother, Bryan, is getting hitched!
And in honor of our 2nd wedding anniversary I gave Jeff a version of the traditional "cotton" gift- I ironed all of his cotton dress shirts ;) Oh, and I made cupcakes...german chocolate, and chocolate mint (which consisted of york peppermint patties hidden inside)
I can't believe it's already been two years, two houses, and 1 sweet baby boy. Love you!